Wednesday 1 January 2014

The 2014 New Year's Fireworks in the sky over Øresund

Our Christmas tree came to play more than a supporting role in my pictures of the New Year's "international firework" as observed from my balcony. The Christmas tree was standing right in front of me, so I could not avoid it. On the other hand, I think it actually adds a reference point to the images.

By "international" I mean that I am able to enjoy fireworks both on my side (Swedish) and the Danish side of the Øresund strait. The Danes have a particular liking for fireworks, which is why the "show" usually goes on their side quite a lot longer than here. In the last picture you can see Danish fireworks in action when most of the Swedish ones already had stopped.

 





2 comments:

  1. Enorma fotografier.
    Kan du njuta av hälsa och lycka 2014 från Kanada.
    John
    (now you can tell me how bad a job Google translate does lol(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      I think Google does a great job in this case. Thank you so much for your comment and the New Year's wishes. I wish you the same!

      Delete