Wednesday 10 April 2013

An homage to the early portrait photographers

This portrait of a Swedish soldier - a distant relative of mine - must be the oldest of these photographs. I think it  is from the 1870s or early 1880s. 

The other day I found an old photo album in my attic. It was among other stuff that once was sent to me after a relative had passed away. Most of the people are unknown to me, but I think that names are not important in this case. The purpose with my sharing these old photographs - most of them are from the late 1800s and early 1900s - is to pay homage to the early photographers, who produced some outstanding pictures, without possessing the advanced digital tools of their present day colleagues. The two first images of soldiers are from Sweden, the rest are by a number of early Finnish photographers.























No comments:

Post a Comment