Thursday 18 November 2010

Simple pleasures nr 1: late evening walks in your neighbourhood

Having just returned from a late evening walk in my new neighbourhood, I realized that I had just found myself a new hobby - late evening walks in the neighbourhood or some other densely populated area.

I feel that I owe you, dear reader, an explanation.

This time of the year it gets pretty dark up here in the North of Europe already in the late afternoon. Fortunately, most villas in my neighbourhood have excellent interior lighting. When I strolled along the empty streets, it was difficult to avoid looking straight into people´s homes. It was fascinating to get a glimpse of how my neighbours have decorated the interiors of their houses. (In order to avoid any misunderstanding, please understand that I have no interest in prying into other peoples privacy - only to satisfy my natural curiosity for interior design). I was e.g. very pleased to note that the old house, which I have always admired, also had the most charming interior. Now I am already looking forward to my next evening walk, somehwat further away from my own place.

PS
And with evening walks there is the added benefit of feeling that its good for your health. Late evening walks also contribute to the general security of the neighbourhood. Burglars do not want to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment