Sunday 13 January 2013

Dutch tug Norne towing cranes in Øresund



On my afternoon walk today, I noticed at a distance this somewhat unusual looking transport on its way northwards in Øresund.




It was the Dutch owned tug Norne, towing what I think is some kind of loading/unloading equipment, probably to be used at the port of Eemshaven. (At least that is Norne's destination, according to Marine Traffic.com).



The the "double" crane, here in front of Hamlet's Kronborg castle, was probably built in Poland, because Norne started this towing job in Szczecin yesterday morning.



It was a perfect day - almost no wind at all - for towing something like this. Hopefully the weather conditions are as good later on tonight, when Norna is continuing its journey in the North Sea.

PS
I could not resist adding another picture from my afternoon walk:

A great day also for walking the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment